Our primary objective is to provide federal, state, local and tribal Law Enforcement agencies with training, information, and funding to enhance interdiction and enforcement efforts with the goal of reducing criminal gang activity, including narcotics trafficking, throughout the State of New Mexico.
The coordinated effort that the New Mexico Gang Task Force provides allows criminal justice personnel the opportunity to make the most of the limited resources available within the State by way of the following:
- Assist in the prevention and suppression of juvenile and gang violence/criminal activity in New Mexico by identifying, coordinating, and utilizing existing intervention programs;
- Provide assessments to criminal justice agencies for gang interdiction and prosecution purposes;
- Provide high-quality, cost effective training for criminal justice agencies in topics concerning gang problems, gang-related criminal activity and interdiction techniques;
- Assist in developing appropriate anti-gang crime laws at the local, county, state and federal levels;
- Compile and analyze data on gang trends; report on gang trends to criminal justice agencies and where appropriate;
- Respond to departmental requests for intelligence information and emergency overtime;
- Assist in developing and implementing state-wide standardized methods of identifying, documenting, tracking, reporting, and enforcing gang-related criminal activity;
- Become the centralized clearinghouse for New Mexico in the area of juvenile and gang violence.
The gang problem in New Mexico has escalated in the last two decades from relatively traditional neighborhood gangs, found primarily in the state’s urban areas, to criminal gangs statewide. New Mexico’s gangs have evolved and continue to be more mobile, more violent, and more involved in high-level criminal activities.
About the images used on this site
Home page graffiti photo by Jamie Street on Unsplash
Contact page graffiti photo by Tim Arterbury on Unsplash
Resources page photo by The Climate Reality Project on Unsplash
The Climate Reality Project
Conference Information page photo by Miguel Henriques on Unsplash
About page photo by Miguel Henriques on Unsplash
Metro Police Athletic League
(NM Gang Conference Fiscal Agent)
PO Box 92286
Albuquerque NM, 87199
Metro PAL is a (501) (3) Organization.
Tax certificates issued upon request.
For more information contact NMGTF Program Manager Duke Kouri at (505) 238-8664.